Friday, January 25, 2008

My DeafRead Tidbits...01/25/08



For your information, I plan to redo this video. It will come out soon. (typed at 9am Saturday) kk Done at 10am EST kk

Hello, Guys and Gals ~

Here I am again with DeafRead Tidbits... Everything nice and positive here, I promise! :D


There is a lot, A LOT of blogs and vlogs going on on DeafRead that I do not recall reading that much prior this year, 2008. In 2007, remember that, eh?, the average v/blogs were bringing in more or less 30 per 24 hours a day! Yeah? Right now, the average is about, yeah, 55 per 24 hours a day. I could see the difference in DeafRead's of 2007 and 2008, and YET, it is only January. What would happen in February, and what would it looks like? Or even in July???


Deafhood was bringing out once again by Joey Baer. Paddy Ladd was interviewed by Joey, and I was impressed how Paddy felt toward Deafhood as of today. Very good insightful source. There are four of five came out. I am waiting for the fifth video... They are Interview with Dr. Paddy Ladd Part 1, Interview with Dr. Paddy Ladd Part 2 , Interview with Dr. Paddy Ladd Part 3 , and Interview with Dr. Paddy Ladd Part 4. I like Part 3, because Dr. Ladd shared his feelings and view on Deafhood usage in America. Part 1 had Paddy described his life story, and got a lot of comments. Part 2 described how the Deafhood is coined. Part 4 reported that Deafhood is used anywhere else, not limited to England. I have heard Deaf people were concerned of reading the book. I was relieved to find out that not only me that was having hard time reading the book. I would like to see a study book, or worksheet book that accompany with this book. Worksheet book is much needed, but how? Who could create this worksheet book? If I ever meet Dr. Ladd, I will ask that question definitely!


UPDATE: The fifth video came out! Interview With Dr. Paddy Ladd Part 5


I was impressed with Mishka Zena blog that Elizabeth continues her mission on C.I. I would not ever touch this subject in my life... perhaps twenty years later, but definitely not this life! She presented the reactions of Deaf people on CI, both positive and negative. I think it is healthy discussion. Good for her. Here is the link, Result of Cochlear Implant Survey. Now, it is only I would ever share anything with anyone.


Pepsi Advertising! Good for the company!! About the time! Too bad the surprise is spoiled. I saw the preview of the TV commercial!! Sigh. I wish I did not see that TV commercial.... Yes, I think that famous Deaf joke becoming a reality is kewt, smile.


Karen and that delicious, but unavailable shake. Wow, the Fox new company took action and reported on the incident, awesome! Good for her. There are a lot of v/blogs talking about this issue. You see, that is a lot information at once. Same thing for Pepsi.


I could go on reporting a few more, but I know you guys, you only wanna a few minutes from here, smile.


Butterfly, like me...Deaf

2 comments:

LaRonda said...

Hi there. You made a great synopsis of what's been going on at DeafRead lately. I share your feelings about being overwhelmed with the number of entries. I can't keep up with reading everything these days. And when anyone tries to post their own entry, they have 20 more on the same day as their own and it gets lost at the bottom of the page or already turned to page 2! I know what you're talking about. Yes, 2008 is very different from 2007, for sure. Not good or bad, just different. It has it's own unique personality. We will see what comes in the months ahead.

Good vlog. I enjoyed it!

~ LaRonda

Deb Ann and Hannah said...

Hello!

I like your new blog. I agree with you that the disscussion on CI is healthy and it's good to see a whole picture than just the half.

I try to catch up with Deafread. I usually check Deafread for an hour in the morning and then if I have a chance to check Deafread during night time. Sometimes I take a break to check for about 15 to 20 minutes on Deafread during daytime. Sometimes I need a break from Deafread. ;)
Know what you mean.