Thursday, April 10, 2008

And What Did I Do for This Sign?; A Very Good Tip For Deaf National Organization

Recently I posted a video about two words and same sign. This two words = one sign created confusion. I signed the story as it was, but I did not say my preference of signs for the two words, nor whether I still work there or not. My preference of signs of course are different from what I had to sign in that location, and I no longer worked there. I was advised to educate the Deaf locals. Yes, I did, and I was told to leave the sign alone.

Okay, I want to mention what we can do for some Deaf people who refuses to change the sign they use for many years. "Leave it alone" rings over and over all over the USA. I am sure the ASL professors has something to say about this. Perhaps write sign this issue on their v/blog?

A Very Good Tip for Deaf Organizations!! Here is the video below:

">

Okay, this video shows a Deaf guy named Melvin from California who communicates very well. His youtube name is Change4Deaf. He explained how we can strength our group as Deaf and Hard of Hearing group to represent ourselves to the Capitol's senators, house of representatives, and the President(s). Very good tip.

Now, I was thinking about how to strength our Deaf rights, as I have mentioned earlier in my v/blog messages. Like a new national organization... Maybe DBC Plus? DBC Plus, why? Not only for Deaf babies, BUT for the rest of us. ;D Anyway, we could use DBC (Plus) to represent us???? If so, we could discuss with DBC and make strategies how to do so. In Wisconsin this summer, we could arrange the time to discuss further with DBC? It all depends on you! Or NAD, perhaps, up to you...

We need the new or, better yet, open thinkers who are not afraid to express what they need for the change. We need the change to better our lives. Recently, Vpads, and newer blackberry pager with gps are the example for the better technology of the Deaf. So, we desparately need our human rights to be improved. Our human rights need to be advanced like technology of the Deaf!!

Butterfly, like me...Deaf

4 comments:

Deaf Pixie said...

Wow.. Where can I send a letters and donate to ...Hmm.. Let me think "How can I send him without address or email or website?"

Deaf Pixie

Dianrez said...

What a well-spoken, articulate young man! He explains concepts very clearly, wastes no words, and doesn't even need a script!

From what I can discover, he is Melvin from Change4Deaf, a group based in California. Does anyone know more?

His ideas are important to all Deaf groups who want to have a voice in government.

Deaf Pixie said...

Dianrez,

Right on! I look at the video.. I am very impressed his specifically informations and good comment! I am very surprised he is really unquie guy! I love that one of his specifically were accurate that deaf community need to doing their better leadership.

Anonymous said...

There is a new 7 min video of the DBC rally at the AG Bell conference in Milpitas. See:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDeARF6lSX8

I hope you enjoy it!