Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Big Eyes!!

Hello!

See this glued sand thing that has two big eyes?? See that this thing has a small ear, and small mouth? And small nose?? See what it is on the back? Now you see the whole thing here...





Let me tell you the story about this thing. I was fourteen years old and I was in 8th grade. I went to the art class. All were hearing; it was hearing school. The teacher asked us to sculpt anything on this glued sand thing. We were asked to be creative with it. I looked at the students what they did with their glued sand things. I was thinking... Then I decided to crave the shapes of eyes. I was in the mood for craving the eyes. Big eyes, yeah. Some students asked me about the nose, ears and or mouth that needs to be on this thing. Oh, yeah, I put up small shapes of nose, ears and mouth. I barely got by putting what is leftover on the thing. I felt the big eyes were important to me, anyhow. I completed with this project.

Years, and years passing on, I looked and looked, and studied at this thing, and I came to realize about this thing. Whoa!! Let me show you this. Those two big eyes. I am sure you have some good common senses what I am trying to say here, but here I have the value in the eyes! I am DEAF. I use eyes for everything. I had to look around a lot. Ears, nose and mouth are not that important to me! Isn't it amazing how my fourteen years old mind expressing this?? The value is the EYES! Yeah!!

Butterfly, like me...Deaf

P.S. I just showed my eight years old daughter this message, and she exclaimed "YOU MADE THIS THING???" right, ha, ha...

0 comments: