Friday, April 25, 2008

My Deafread Tidbits 4/27/08




My DeafRead Tidbits April 27, 2008

Let me throw out a few subjects here and review them with you. Okay, thanks.

*Note* I do not transcript completely. I just brief the message at least. Thanks.

Emergency and Excuse = same sign message set up a while ago... The message was to focus on the mixed up communication. However, some people gave good suggestions what to do about this sign. I did my part by telling those local people that the sign was not proper. My co-workers also were from Gallaudet and they were not comfortable with that sign, too. The local people told me to leave the sign alone, because they use this sign for many years. I am asking ASL professors what we can do about that? Can you comment on this by responding to my question: what can I do if Deaf signers refuse to change the sign? Do it on your v/blogs, smile. I'd appreciate that!

Domestic Violence and Deaf People message set up a while ago... I had guts to tell the Deaf community. I was wondering whether it was worth my time for telling or not. After I got a lot of comments, not only DeafRead, but others, I was glad that I did my job. Here is the copy of rights of relationship for your reference. For your consideration of relationship possible to improve, or anything that can benefit you... You can highlight this part, and copy it and paste it on your window works word processor. Best I can do for ya!!



Basic Rights in a Relationship:

* The right to emotional support.

* The right to be heard by the other and to be responded to with courtesy.

* The right to have your own point of view, even if it differs from your partner's.

* The right to have your feelings and experiences acknowledged as real.

* The right to live free from accusation and blame.

* The right to live free from criticism and judgment.

* The right to live free from emotional and physical threat.

* The right to live free from angry outbursts and rage.

* The right to be respectfully asked, rather than ordered.




DeafRead's new, not yet coming out, Deafside. I think it is worth it. I am looking forward to this. I am excited all about it.

Now, about DeafRead's customized feature, I did customize my DeafRead to my preferences. I admit it....then I realized that some DR readers would also remove my v/blog to the unwanted list. I do not mind that, but I wonder what if they might be willing to read my v/blog by chance, if it were not for the customized feature. I see the conflict here. This is my reaction about the customized feature. So, I just better let you know about this.

My v/blog has not been one year yet, but I feel like I have been here for long time now. I guess it is all for now.

butterfly, like me...Deaf

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Any possible to help to bring me to Wisconsin for DBC's conference from Sweden? Ha...

Anonymous said...

Glad you are looking forward to DeafSide. We look forward to your DeafSIde Tidbits. The bay area people have discussed that we should unsubscribe from Deafread and dont feed any blogs and vlogs into Deafread. It will be good for people to visit Deafside. I think Deafside can be successful with clear guidelines.

deafk said...

Deaf Swedish,

Grinning...yeah, like I mentioned earlier, USA is a BIG country.

:0/

deafk

deafk said...

That is interesting how you view on DeafSide. It is a new thing, and I am curious how things turn out. Yeah, definitely I will do my tidbit in DeafSide, lol.

deafk

Anonymous said...

I appreciated your expression about your issues. you have a right to freedom of speech whatever you want to say. we will find out about Deafside and see what happen. Thank you for your sharing your expression.

Anonymous said...

You did an excellent job and keep up! I agree with you that it's worth to share DV. I was in DV myself with the first relationship. I had the cops help me to kick him out. Then I'm married, I didn't realize that I was in a little bit of DV. But it's not serious. A man being a king of the castle isn't okay. Control mind is not okay. It's a part of DV. That's what I learned from a friend who has awakened me. Thanks to my friend. I think I'm fine now. You know me from the vlogspere. I'm a vlogger of Deafread, but I can't use my name. I'm sure you understand that I need to protect myself.

deafk said...

To Anonymous,

I respect your privacy. Isn't that amazing that we could leave message without our id, smile?

Anyway, I feel safe enough to mention DV with my soon to be ex. I could make it on v/blog. If it were more serious, then I wouldnt do it anyhow. Good point. I haven't thought of that, smile.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us.

deafk

Deaf Pixie said...

DeafK, I understand the anonymous can put down on their own comment. I usually put down " Anonymous #3 so communicate know who the person. and if someone use Anonymous so we wont confused with a anonymous.

I know few of vlog doesnt like to use someone to use " anonymous' which they confused if the anoymous without number so they wont confused.. I know D.V. is really important to privacy. I completed understand the situation can be very risk .. Use the number after anonymous. I suggested anyone to use it.. Much easier.
Deaf Pixie

deafk said...

Sure, Deaf Pixie,

I will make sure it being numbered, smile.

My response to Anonymous on 4/29 at 6:20am was for Anonymous 4/28 at 10:29pm.

Okay, is that clear which is which?

Thanks, deafk